Pages

Friday 26 October 2018

Robe d'automne, Burda Style 08-2015 #123



I made my dream dress for autumn. In quite a light and drapy fabric, (viscose) knee length, allowing for lots of layering options, such as slip dress and tights, vest, cardigan or even a lagenlook tunic. For now I'm just wearing it as shown on the picture. It's also easy to dress up or down with the right scarf, handbag and shoes.
The pattern I used is Burda Style 08-2015 #123. It's my third garment from this pattern and my favorite one. The first make, as per pattern, can be seen here. The second one is a wadder, let's forget it. And this one is just right ! But I did many things differently.
To begin with, I deepened the neckline. The original one had me chocking. Then, I lengthened the sleeves to a nice 3/4 style. I also added pockets in the side seams and I lined the skirt, which is crucial for me if I want to wear it comfortably with tights. Oh ! And I turned the original horizontal darts of the bodice to vertical ones. I think they're easier to fit this way. And because I enlarged the neckline, I didn't need any zipper.


Burda Style 08-2015 #123

2 comments:

  1. Ce patron est un petit bijoux! J'en ai cousu deux version et je les aime autant l'une que l'autre... J'aime aussi beaucoup la tienne, très joli choix de tissu ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tout à fait d'accord ! Je vois que tu as creusé l'encolure de la deuxième version, moi aussi j'en ai éprouvé le besoin.

    ReplyDelete